Week of 10/21/19

10/22


Melting agar and pouring plates. Lots and lots of plates. I also intended to inoculate flasks, but unfortunately, there was an issue with the autoclave and I wasn't able to get my flasks back in time.



10/24


Because of the plate contamination, I decided to essentially repeat the last two steps. I inoculated flasks from the plates from 10/5 except for those of LB and NA. I didn't have isolated colonies on those plates so I went back to the ones from 9/14.

Out of curiosity, I did gram stains from the 10/5 plates, including the contamination. The contamination looks like it could be Staph. epi. which would not be unusual.




R2A
TGY


TSB

TSYE


10/26


Flasks were removed from the incubator and inspected for growth. Unfortunately, the NA did not produce any bacterial growth, so I chose not to continue inoculations on that media since growth on NA had always been very weak.

Then, I inoculated new plates from these flasks.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking About the Future

Learning, Past and Future

My Online Presence