My Online Presence

Currently, my online presence feels pretty meager.

On a personal level, I have a couple of social media accounts for sharing information. I have a private Facebook where I am connected to a small group of friends and family. There, I primarily give the occasional life update and I share jokes and memes that I think people would appreciate. I have an Instagram account where I share artwork, but since I haven’t had the time or inclination to create art lately, my posts have been very sporadic at best.


On a professional level, I have LinkedIn and Handshake accounts to share my academic and professional life. In all honesty, those were only created as assignments for class, so I haven’t been very diligent in keeping them up to date and active. I feel like the information presented on those accounts is sparse and that I need to find ways to bulk up my experiences. However, in my defense, the current COVID pandemic has made it difficult to obtain those experiences. Being on campus this semester will finally give me the chance to seek out clubs, research positions, and leadership opportunities that I can add.


As I begin creating a personal site that I can use to not only present my academic and professional accomplishments as well as showcase my personality, I am thinking about how I want all of that information to work together. How can I make it visually appealing while also being incredibly functional? How much do I share and how much do I hold back? How can I find the balance between creative and professional?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning, Past and Future

Thinking About the Future

October 2020