Week of 11/11/19

11/12


Planned what I needed to have ready in order to perform PEMS on the final batch of inoculated flasks.

11/14


Inoculated flasks from the 10/26 plates and placed them in the incubator.

11/15


Prepped the plates needed to show the inactivation of bacteria for the PEMS process. I also did some research on various Deinococcus species.

11/16


Busy day. Flasks were taken out of the incubator and inspected for growth, then OD readings were performed.







OD readings.
I did gram stains for each of the flasks. The TSB sample did show contamination, indicated by the small spheres mixed in with the rods that are more typical of D. aquaticus. The gram stains also showed some discrepancies. D. aquaticus is typically Gram negative, however, the stains I did showed a mixture of negative and positive, sometimes within the same sample.

LB

R2B

TGY

TSB

TSYE
With Stacy's assistance, we did PEMS on my samples to be analyzed with MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking About the Future

Learning, Past and Future

My Online Presence