Week of 11/18/19

11/19


Took the PEMS inactivation plates out of the incubator. The TSB plate showed contamination and growth in quarter #2, so it will be excluded from MALDI-TOF analyzation. The other plates showed expected growth in the "live" side and no growth in the "inactivated" side.



11/21


Today I arranged the images I took from each step into documents so that I could more easily see the progression of color, clarity, and biofilm production of the flasks through the experiment. I did the same with the plate colony images to be able to contrast and compare them.

11/23


I thought back on the experiment and made notes:

  • I would like to repeat the experiment with D. aquaticus along with 2-3 other Deinococcus species per discussion with Stacy.
  • The timeline needs to be significantly tightened up.
  • I need to make sure to ALWAYS get gram stains, particularly for bacterial growth in broth.
  • We need to determine if there should be any changes to the media selection.
  • Plan to do a serial dilution in order to get quantitative results on growth in the various medias.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking About the Future

Learning, Past and Future

My Online Presence